VITAL OXIDE 5-GALLON PAIL SCHOOL AND HOSPITAL GRADE DISINFECTANT CLEANER & MOLD REMOVER WITH (2) SPRAY BOTTLES AND POURING FUNNEL
Vital Oxide has been approved by the EPA for use against SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus that causes the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). We meet the EPA's emerging pathogen requirements for viruses showing efficacy against envelope and non-envelope virus, both large and small.
VitalOxide Safety Data Sheet: Click Here
- 2 (Empty) Commercial Spray Bottles - Industrial and household use, no leak, adjustable nozzle.
- 1 Heavy duty Graduated Measuring Container with Black Spout
Vital Oxide is an EPA-registered hospital disinfectant cleaner, mold killer, and odor eliminator. Its formula contains a unique form of stabilized chlorine dioxide that is very effective at killing bacteria, viruses, and mold yet non-corrosive to treated articles and gentle enough to handle without causing skin irritation. It is ready to use with no mixing required—just spray, wipe, or fog right from the bottle.
Mold-Mildew Killer, Disinfectant Cleaner & Odor Remover is great for everyday disinfecting and sanitizing in the kitchen and bathroom, quick clean-ups, and spot treatment. Vital Oxide is super effective at killing mold, mildew, bacteria, and viruses and eliminating odor in homes, offices, facilities, and other environments. Essential for homes with children and pets. Kills 99.9% of bacteria and viruses, kills fungus, mold, and mildew at the source and inhibits growth, sanitizes 99.999% of bacteria on food-contact surfaces with no rinse required, and eliminates odor at a molecular level, not by masking with fragrance.
Vital Oxide FAQ's:
I see that Vital Oxide is used in schools and hospitals, but can I use Vital Oxide at home?
Yes. Vital Oxide is an excellent disinfectant to use in homes. Some of the best places to use Vital Oxide at home are in musty basements, in bathrooms where mildew has accumulated (or on surfaces to protect against mold and mildew), and in the kitchen to keep food-contact surfaces clean. Vital Oxide has also been tested on carpets and can be used around the house to sanitize carpets.
No. While chlorine dioxide has chlorine in its name, its chemistry is very different from the corrosive chemistry of chlorine bleach. The primary differences are that chlorine dioxide is less caustic, safer, and gentler than bleach and many other antiseptics and antimicrobials, plus it remains effective under organic load. Further, chlorine bleach produces harmful by-products to the environment, including trihalomethanes (THM) and haloacetic acids (HAAS). Vital Oxide breaks down to a simple salt, producing no harmful by-products.
What are the advantages of using sprayers and foggers to disperse Vital Oxide?
The quickest way to disinfect a hospital room, an entire basement, or a school gym is by using a fogger or electrostatic sprayer that can create a fine mist to treat objects, walls, floors, and ceilings in a matter of just a few minutes. Electrostatic sprayers and foggers can dramatically cut the time to disinfect large areas. Vital Oxide is one of the few disinfectants that can be dispersed in this manner because Vital Oxide is non-corrosive to treated surfaces and objects.
With so many disinfectants and mold removers on the market, why should I choose Vital Oxide?
The easiest way to answer this question is simply, not all disinfectants are created equal. When evaluating and comparing disinfectant products, take a close look at their core ingredients. Vital Oxide uses a unique chemical compound called chlorine dioxide. While other competitors and manufacturers have attempted to copy and produce a form of stabilized chlorine dioxide similar to Vital Oxide, our revolutionary formula is simply unequaled. Chlorine dioxide has been used during Anthrax attacks, in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, to purify drinking water, and most recently to kill MRSA in schools and hospitals. Also consider carefully what kind of chemicals you want around your children, employees, patients, students, and close family members. Most disinfectants and mold removers on the market are extremely toxic, but Vital Oxide gives you peace of mind that you are using an effective product that does not come with alarming safety warnings and precautions.
What is the difference between a cleaner and a disinfectant?
Cleaners are not registered with the EPA and cannot make public health claims on their label such as killing germs or having any anti-microbial action.
What is a Hospital Disinfectant?
As part of the EPA registration process, disinfectant products are put through rigorous testing to prove their efficacy and measure toxicity. The EPA registers three types of disinfectants: Limited, General, and Hospital. All three disinfectants destroy or irreversibly inactivate certain microorganisms on hard, inanimate surfaces and objects. You can determine a “limited,” “general,” or “hospital” disinfectant by the microorganisms listed on the label.
What is a Sanitizer?
A substance, or mixture of substances, intended to reduce the number of microorganisms on inanimate surfaces or in water or air (FIFRA § 4(i)(4)(C)(i)).
What is the difference between a ‘food-contact sanitizer’ and a ‘non-food-contact sanitizer?
A food-contact sanitizer, at a minimum, reduces the level of Staphylococcus aureus and Escherichia coli by 99.999% on a food contact surface within one minute. A potable water rinse is not allowed after sanitation of a food-contact surface.
What does “no rinse required on food contact surface” mean?
“No rinse required on food contact surfaces” is a safety rating given by NSF International (previously the National Sanitation Foundation). The NSF testing guidelines are a continuation of the USDA product approval and listing program, including the FDA 21. Vital Oxide is rated “no rise required on food contact surfaces” category D2, meaning Vital Oxide is approved for use in commercial or residential kitchens to control bacteria, viruses, and mold without the need to wash/rinse the area with water after Vital Oxide is applied.
Can I clean and disinfect at the same time?
In some cases, you can clean and disinfect at the same time, but this depends on how dirty the surfaces you are cleaning/disinfecting are—the dirtier the surface the less effective the disinfectant. Disinfectants need to contact the area to disinfect and cannot do this effectively with a barrier of dirt or grime in the way. Once the dirt has been wiped away the disinfectant can get to work. Under lightly soiled conditions, you can clean and disinfect in the same step with just Vital Oxide. (NOTE: EPA requires all disinfectants carry the following label direction: “For heavily soiled areas, a pre-cleaning step is required.”)
Does Vital Oxide contain VOCs?
No. Vital Oxide does not contain volatile organic compounds.